Страница 4 из 34 ПерваяПервая ... 23456914 ... ПоследняяПоследняя
Показано с 31 по 40 из 333

Тема: Новая велофара Magicshine с DX на 1400 лм за $120

Почетный веломаньяк! Аватар для Ites
    Байк
    Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
    Записей в дневнике

MagicShine 1400 Deconstructed

Процитирую весь пост целиком. Кто не знает английского, воспользуйтесь гугл-транслейтом

I got my hands on a MS1400 and am in the process of analyzing how the electronics work. I'll do a more complete post shortly with pictures and details, but here's a sneak peak at some of the more interesting details.

The circuit board in the center section of the light housing contains two complete switching buck current regulators. One for the main light and one for the side lights. The driver for the side lights is set for a base drive current of 0.6 amps and the one for the main light is 2.4 amps. The board in the main housing is just the base regulators; it doesn't provide any of the logic for user control of the light.

The command control button provides all the user control for the light. It's connected to the driver pcb via a four wire cable. Two of the wires are power and ground and the other two carry pulse width modulated (PWM) control signal for the main and side lights. This pcb basically has a microcontroller, a button, some LEDs for the battery status, and a voltage regulator.

As I suspected, the PWM control signals to the light are never driven at 100% (constant on) even when the light is on its highest setting. The duty cycle is in the 95% range when the lights are on high. It is interesting that the high setting for main and side lights is the same 95% regardless of whether the two sets of LEDs are on individually or together. That means in theory that the drive current to the main LED should be the same whether it's on by itself on combined with the side lights. This is different from what was implied by the current measurements odtexas posed earlier. I think the electrical noise from having both drivers running may have caused low readings when both sets of LEDs were on.

So is it bad that the lights are never on 100% of the time... Not necessarily. In theory that means the max average current for the main P7 LED should be 95% of 2.4 amps and 95% of the 0.6 amps for the side LEDs. In practice, that may not be true because it depends on how long it takes the driver to ramp back up to full power after being off for an instant.

It does mean that you won't get accurate current measurements for the LEDs with a normal multimeter. The current flow in this case isn't technically DC due to the PWM and most multmeters won't give an accurate measure of the true average current for a switched waveform. It's actually quite difficult to get good numbers for a circuit like this. Switching regulators generate a lot of electrical noise, which makes it hard to get accurate reading even using an oscilloscope. And these drivers are definitely on the noisy side. It's good they are inside a metal housing because they would certainly cause problem for other wireless accessories if they were in a plastic case. That may still be an issue, but it's not something I've tried.

Here is what I measure for power consumed from the battery at different light levels.

Side lights (high) - 4 watts
    Main Light (high) - 8.3 watts
    Both (high) - 12.3 watts

I'm still trying to get precise measurements for the LED currents. It looks to be less than 95% of the base current settings for the drivers. From preliminary data, it looks like the true average current is about 90% of 2.4 and 0.6 amps for the main and side LEDs. If that’s correct, that puts the average LED currents at

P7 LED current on high - 2.2 amps
    XPE LED current on high - 0.55 amps

Based on the datasheets for the LEDs and 90% efficiency of optics, I would estimate the light output as:

P7 Main Light - 550 lumens
    XPE Side Lights - 300 lumens
    Total - 850 lumens

All these numbers are preliminary and I will update them as I get more detailed measurements. One thing I'm still investigating is whether the electrical noise when both drivers are running is actually messing up the efficiency of the drivers and hence the output or if it's mostly just causing causing problems with getting accurate measurements.

Т.е. пока выходит эдакий чебурашка с невысокой прибавкой светового потока в сравнении с 80кой и сомнительной полезностью апгрейда.
    Вот же рядом лежит достойный пример для подражания http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...products_id=44, ожидал от китайцев именно его клона, а не это чудо... Юзаю комплект http://www.thesingletrackstore.com/s...leTrack%20Pack и менять на змейгорыныча не вижу смысла.
    Последний раз редактировалось reginald; 24.03.2010 в 23:41.
    http://www.forum-lines.ru/rez/reginald.gif
    Городской скоттовод, любитель велопробегов

По-моему, цена перевешивает все недостатки.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]1. Байк - не фетишЪ, а руководство к действию! 2. I am not young enough to know everything.[/FONT]

Ктонить знает, как головы прикреплены друг к другу и где (каким образом) провод между ними проходит?

Байк
    Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
    Записей в дневнике

Цитата Сообщение от ZaRtin Посмотреть сообщение
    Ктонить знает, как головы прикреплены друг к другу и где (каким образом) провод между ними проходит?
    Подозревается, что люминь так отлит.

---------- Добавлено в 09:16 ---------- Предыдущее сообщение было в 09:14 ----------

Цитата Сообщение от reginald Посмотреть сообщение
    Т.е. пока выходит эдакий чебурашка с невысокой прибавкой светового потока в сравнении с 80кой и сомнительной полезностью апгрейда.
    Вот же рядом лежит достойный пример для подражания http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?...products_id=44, ожидал от китайцев именно его клона, а не это чудо... Юзаю комплект http://www.thesingletrackstore.com/s...leTrack%20Pack и менять на змейгорыныча не вижу смысла.
    Ну почему не высокой? XPE Side Lights - 300 lumens. Плюс перераспределение света на более равномерное. А достойный пример стоит $1,019.00 -- нельзя же сделать в 10 раз дешевле...

Цитата Сообщение от Ites Посмотреть сообщение
    Ну почему не высокой? XPE Side Lights - 300 lumens. Плюс перераспределение света на более равномерное. А достойный пример стоит $1,019.00 -- нельзя же сделать в 10 раз дешевле...
    850 реальных люмен вместо ну пусть самое меньшее 650 лм в народной фаре вообще еще надо постараться заметить... А клон Бетти может стоить всего в пять раз дешевле - 200 долл на 3 ч рантайма, и уже будет круто.
    Последний раз редактировалось reginald; 29.03.2010 в 14:48.
    http://www.forum-lines.ru/rez/reginald.gif
    Городской скоттовод, любитель велопробегов

Байк
    Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
    Записей в дневнике

Цитата Сообщение от reginald Посмотреть сообщение
    850 реальных люмен вместо ну пусть самое меньшее 650 лм в народной фаре вообще еще надо постараться заметить... А клон Бетти может стоить всего в пять раз дешевле - 200 долл на 3 ч рантайма, и уже будет круто.
    Почему ты считаешь, что народная даёт 650 люмен? Это до потерь в оптике или после? Всё надо считать адекватно. Собственно, разница в цене головы как раз примерно такая же, как разница в свтотовом потоке Так что тут всё адекватно.

Вообще, MS* мне не интересны, но вот футляр для блока питания... А если ещё и блок сделали бы разборный...

По умолчанию Велофара с DX на 1400 лм за $120

Без слов:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.36018
    Вопрос: а нужно ли ТАКОЕ? Хочется, если честно, но не знаю зачем...
    Никогда не жалей о том, что сделал, если в этот момент был счастлив…

Да. Новое чудо китайского фаростроения.
    Почему-то изменили конструкцию блока питания.
    И кнопку выносную сделали.

А как ты понял, что блок изменен? Кнопка выносная не слишком-то нужна. Скорее полезен был бы выносной тупой рубильник.
    Никогда не жалей о том, что сделал, если в этот момент был счастлив…

+ Ответить

Информация о теме

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему

Эту тему просматривают: 1 (пользователей: 0 , гостей: 1)